Tustin Pop Warner Football & Cheer (‘TPWFC’) provides registration fee scholarships to local athletes, who without financial assistance would not otherwise be able to participate. The Coach Mike Mallard Scholarship Assistance program focuses on providing opportunities for our area youth to participate in football & cheer for the physical, mental, and character-training benefits this program can provide.
Scholarship assistance will be dependent upon the TPWFC funds available and the participant’s documented financial need.
A grant from The Griswold Foundation funds the Coach Mike Mallard Scholarship and is in place to honor Coach Mike Mallard, who passed away in 2016. Coach Mallard coached many athletes since 2001. His dedication as a volunteer and mentor is honored through this scholarship which will help kids play football and cheer who otherwise might not have the finances to do so. Our primary goal is to help as many young athletes participate in TPWFC that we possibly can. We anticipate a large number of requests for assistance and although our funds are limited, we will do our best to financially assist as many qualified participants as we can. For those who do not qualify for the grant scholarship, or should funds not be available, the payment option of monthly installments is available.
Application and supporting documents Letters, to be emailed sent to the email@example.com. Financial assistance is NOT guaranteed to every applicant.
Deadline to submit applications is June 30, 2019 with notification to participants by July 15, 2019.
Requirements for Eligibility:
• Must live in the Tustin/North Tustin area and attend a Tustin Unified school
• Cannot have received scholarships or donations from other organizations or individuals in addition to that of TPWFC for the football season
• A parent, guardian, or head of household must complete application, with ALL required information provided.(Incomplete applications will not be considered and you application submission date does not start until all documents are received.)
• First 2 pages of your 2018 tax return which must match application household size and residence.
• Letter from parent(s)/guardian explaining the financial need, importance of participation and willingness to volunteer in the program
• Personal letter from the player explaining the desire to participate in Football or Cheer: "Why I want to participate in youth football or cheer”. Letters will be reviewed by committee.
• Utility bill matching residence with application and tax return. Electric, Gas, City Water or Trash only.
Approval process of a registration scholarship does not register the participant for TPWFC. You will still need to complete all registration documents.
Household Size 100% 50%
2 $32,928.00 $60,000.00
3 $41,568.00 $65,000.00
4 $50,208.00 $70,000.00
5 $58,848.00 $75,000.00
6 $68,328.00 $80,000.00
The John C. Griswold Family formed a friendship and a bond with Coach Mallard and have extended their generosity to fund this program through their foundation. Their vision is to keep Coach Mallard’s charter of helping kids that need assistance to play football & cheer.
Priority Will Be Given to Eligible Youth Meeting One or More of the Criteria Below:
Applications are not first come first serve but on a qualification and needs basis.
If you have any questions or need any assistance with the application process or qualifications please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call Jenn Hale at 714-725-5458.
Please do not email or call any other board members or coaches.